Distance: 5.3 km
Entzi is a settlement west of Kalimeriani and its name is owed to the German geologist and minerologist Enze Franz. King Othon and his escort during their visit to Kymi and the outskirts, discovered the existence of coal layers , the exploitation of which began in 1844. And while during the first years the lignite was transported from the coal mines of Kazarma in 1870, the transportation of the lignite was transferred to the mines of Entzi and Maletiani and took place up to the beach of Kimi with an aerial train. From the coal mines of the area there was mined lignite of excellent quality. Their operation ceased definitively in 1962.